08 Nov OATS is hiring an Outdoor Access Projects Officer
OATS is recruiting for a full-time Outdoor Access Projects Officer
(Tech H) £29,224 – £31,026 pa
Working as a key member of the Outdoor Access Trust for Scotland team the Outdoor Access Projects Officer will lead on Outdoor Access Projects including path volunteering/maintenance and access projects in the Cairngorms and throughout Scotland.
The Outdoor Access Projects Officer will need to work with partners to develop and deliver high-quality access and volunteering opportunities which enhance the wider aims of the Trust.
Working directly with people of all ages and abilities the post holder will need to be self-motivated, organised, flexible, and able to work in a small team dispersed across the country.
The responsibilities and examples of project targets associated with this role include:
- Projects – Lead on technical project looking at Meall A Buchaille and contribute to the Cairngorms Path Audit, John O Groats Trail and other projects across Scotland. Provision of Clerk Of Works services on path construction projects.
- Volunteering – Lead on the development, implementation and reporting of The Volunteer Maintenance and Adopt A Path programmes, to develop a wide range of Volunteering opportunities throughout Scotland.
- Maintenance – Co-ordinate and manage the maintenance programme carried out by contractors and volunteers.
- Car Parks: Assist with car park projects and checks on outlying car parks at various locations (except Skye).
- Ensure Statutory requirements are met, particularly in relation to health, safety and environment.
- Procurement of goods and services to company standards as set by the procurement policy, including issuing tenders and briefs for quotes.
- Liaison with interest groups including the landowners, local authorities, statutory bodies, contract companies, user groups and other stakeholders.
- Public Relations – Work with OATS PR support to ensure that project milestones are marked with media events and contribute to the wider promotion of the Trust’s through social media.
Full job description (Microsoft Word download) APO Job Desc
Applications via application form (Microsoft Word download) OATs Application Form
Completed applications need to be returned to [email protected] by no later than 17:00 on Thursday 30 November 2023.
Please contact Dougie Baird, CEO of the Outdoor Access Trust for Scotland, by e-mail if you require further information, [email protected]