|JOB TITLE:||Fairy Pools Facility Operative|
|RESPONSIBLE TO:||Fairy Pools Facility Supervisor|
|LIASON WITH:||Trustees, Access Projects Manager, MCHA Trustees, OATS Staff, The Public, Affiliate Membership etc|
|SALARY:||Tech E (£19,482 – £20,276)|
|LOCATION:||Fairy Pools Car Park Facility – Skye|
|APPLICATION FORM:||OATs Application Form.doc|
This is a key post with scope and will provide day to day running of the Fairy Pools Car Park Facility at Glen Brittle. The current phase of facility construction is close to completion and whilst duties initially will focus on payment collection, interacting positively with visitors, and keeping the site tidy, once the facility is up and running with automated collection onsite the duties will be much more about ensuring the smooth running of the facility, keeping the car park, toilets and building clean and tidy, and providing visitor information.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Compliance with Statutory Framework including for Health, Safety and Environment
- Meet and greet customers, and be able to make recommendations on how to enjoy the site, and provide information on other local visitor attractions
- Ensure the running of the car park is smooth and efficient, that the entrance and exits are clear, and ensure the facility is clean and tidy
- Ensure all car parking spaces are being used effectively
- Ensure the toilets are clean and well stocked with supplies
- Ensure cash collection is carried out effectively, before the second phase of construction is completed and automated payments are taken
- Liaise with Minginish Community Hall Association and other stakeholders in the running of the car park and other initiatives
- Liaise with Skye Mountain Rescue Team and the Police on emergency/rescue procedures
- Excellent communication skills and a customer focus
- Self-organiser, proactive and a problem solver
- Ability to assess risk and operate the health and safety plann
- First Aid qualification
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to work weekends and be flexible with work timing seasonally
HOURS OF WORK:
40 hours per week mostly between 0800 – 1800 including breaks. There will need to be some flexibility with shorter daylight hours during the winter and longer hours during the summer months.
This post includes 36 days per year annual leave, and this includes all public holidays.
A contributory pension is available via the North East Scotland pension scheme.
Please Return Applications to
Outdoors Access Trust for Scotland
1 Atholl Crescent
By no later than midday on 7th July 2019